- Christopher Johnson - Mechanisms of seagrass die-back in Florida Bay (PhD)
- Lucas Peralta - Root barriers to radial oxygen loss (PhD)
- Raheb Mahforouzi - Use of halophytes in desalination of irrigation water
- Shuai Tong - Flood tolerance in wild relatives of Oryza (PhD)
- Zhiwei Song - The role of Oryza Longistaminata as donor for traits for salinity or drought tolerance (PhD)
Oliver Mørk with his huge experimental set-up aimed at testing the effect of partial (versus complete or waterlooged) submergence in wheat.
Shuai Tong is working with an oxygen microsensor to assess the permeance of a rice root to oxygen.